After sharing with you my top 10 best cocktail drinks it was only natural that I provided you with the recipe and steps to make one of the most popular cocktails, the Margarita. So here is my margarita recipe.
What Is The Margarita Anyway?
The Margarita is a classic spirited cocktail that is primarily consisting of tequila and lemon or lime juice. It can be made many different ways as any bartender will tell you. Mastering techniques and learning to make them is a constant learning process even if you have done so for quite some time.
Best known for its fame and its flare for social ventures. The margarita has an intrigue to it that an inexperienced connoisseur will have a must try moment. Do you know what a margarita and an inspirational speaker have in common? Neither one will shut up. The motivational speaker will keep going all night if you will let him/her. With all different styles and ways to enjoy the margarita, you will find the urge to keep them coming.
A Little Taste Of the Famous “Margarita” Recipe
The drink was invented for a dancer named Marjorie King. She was found unable to enjoy many forms of alcohol due to allergy, but she was not allergic to tequila. There are other stories of how it came to be invented with tales of its existence being conjured by different bartenders over the years. It was stated that when Danny Herrera died in May of 1992 at the age of 90, he was the originator of the drink.
Some Facts Not Well Known About the Margarita Cocktail
- The Margarita was cocktail of the month in Esquire magazine in December 1953.
- The margarita drink can be served in huge goblets. These were originally intended for multiple people to share and establishments were prohibited from serving this drink by the ordinance drinking laws as it contains a lot of alcohol in such a big glass. It is still served in this gigantic goblet in many establishments across the United States. “Shhh! don’t tell anyone.”
- It was jetted into popularity when Jimmy Buffett produced a hit song called “Margaritaville”.
- More people get buzzed faster with the margarita than many other alcoholic choices. Mainly due to many consumers not tasting alcohol in it as its blended with a lot of juice in its current concoctions.
- The name Margarita is becoming a popular girls name nationwide.
- It comes in endless varieties that you could try a different one every week over a year time span.
- Its name means Daisy.
The Margarita Recipe: Ingredients
1 1/2 ounces of tequila
1/2 ounce triple sec (Cointreau is recommended)
1 ounce of freshly squeezed lemon or lime juice
Salt or sugar (both optional)
The Margarita Recipe: How to Make
Rim the glass with some either sugar or salt by moistening the rim of glass with juice of choice and dipping the top of glass into either salt or sugar. Pick only one. If you are brave and want to experiment. Try both then!
- Shake all ingredients with some cracked ice.
- Strain the mixture into a glass.
- You can serve it over ice or by making a frozen version by placing into a blender and blending until as mix is slushy.
- Garnish with a sugar covered lime wedge if using sugar or just a lime wedge if using salt.
With All The Variations of The Margarita Recipe, Where Do I Start
Start off with the classic margarita recipe as stated above. Gradually branch out and try more, but start off with the styles that you know your taste buds already are inclined to liking. For instance, do you like spicy tastes or do you prefer sweet? Ideas of the classes are classic, sweet, fruity, spicy, frozen, and beer mixed as a few options.
Try to experiment with foods, fruits, and fruit juices you already admire. Try mixing different ideas you come up with. Try a new one each week. Did you know you can make margaritas using some unique ingredients like aloe vera juice, vanilla extract, flavored syrups, coconut water or oil, chocolate, ginger, and jalapeno. They will become a hit with your entire circle of friends and family that most likely never heard of or tried themselves.
Now find your lost shaker of salt, invite a group of friends or family over, and find a way to incorporate this wonderful drink into your daily grind. Your new homemade margarita recipe will end the day with laughter, fun, and the fulfilling cocktail that will bring everyone smiles. You will succeed with your new found mixing talent, but they may cry when they find out that you don’t cook so well!
Share your own margarita recipe with me by leaving a comment below.